Sources of funding information for prospective and current students:
Sources of funding for current matriculated History of Art students:
- Funding and prizes available in the Faculty of History (open to HoA students) are published and updated on the Oxford Historians Hub.
- Gibbs Prize for the highest average mark over all papers in the Final Honour School of History of Art No application necessary.
- Reaktion Book Prize for the best First Year Undergraduate extended essay on an 'image, object or building in Oxford'. No application necessary
- Laurence Binyon Prize for travel to Asia or another area outside Europe to extend knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts. Open to all matriculated student members of the University who have not exceeded 21 terms from their matriculation; for travel to Asia or another area outside Europe (not related to course syllabi or subject of academic research) to extend knowledge and appreciation of the visual arts; up to £1,000. Closed for applications - deadline has now passed
- Waddesdon Manor/ Department of History of Art Research Internship 2023. Closed for applications - deadline has now passed.
For current graduate students, please note that all travel insurance requests are approved by the Faculty of History, not the Department of History of Art. To find further details about research abroad, risk assessments, and travel insurance applications, please visit the information page on the Oxford Historians Hub here. If you have any further questions about risk assessments or travel insurance for your research abroad, please contact email@example.com